Project Sisters – Update 1 – What to add


Now that the Casters are done, I need something for a battlegroup.  There are a lot of options, but one plastic Jack kit gives me three options.  I pulled a metal Reaper out as a second choice.

For the plastic kit, I read a couple of guides on magnetizing, borrowed some drills and jumped into it.  The head was pretty easy.  There as enough depth in all the heads to add a magnet to each.  The arm/shoulders had a different problem.  The arm is a small cup that doesn’t have enough depth to drill a hole for magnet.  So I drilled the shoulders twice as deep.  This allowed me to glue one magnet on the arm and it slips into the deep well of the shoulder.  I didn’t use any power drills, it took a little over an hour to drill and glue the magnets.  Remember, be careful to check the polarity.  It isn’t good to have a part that repels, if you get it backwards, it is hard to undo it..

Most of the Jacks got base coated in Blighted Gold.  My idea of a Cryx Jack is the armor being Brass and the bones (structure) being steel.  Some of the weapons being steel, depending on how they look.  So I pulled out Pig Iron for do those parts.  A P3 Brown Ink wash, not straight, Flow Matt Medium Mix (FMMM) 1 part ink to 4 parts mix.  I used that wash of the whole thing.  Then a light dry brush of Brass Balls.  The Steel got a P3 Armor Wash & FMMM wash and a Cold Steel dry brush.

I took the glowing parts and used Menoth White Highlights, thinned out with a little FMMM, about 50/50.  I had to do a second coat in a couple of spots.  Now for the glow.  A 50/50 mix of Green & Yellow P3 Ink to 4 parts FMMM.  Slop it in.  If you get a little over the edges it just adds some glow around those areas.  After this I dry brushed a little Brass Balls where I got to much glow…

Now I have a bright shiny Jack.  I want to make the armor plates darker.  I did a thin coat of Cryx Bane Base.  This is a dark greenish grey.  Once that dried, I (once again) dry brushed a little Brass Balls.

The Corrupters weapons got a little bit of color.  Each weapon has three tubes and the jack has three abilities I can use with either weapon.  My idea was to make each a different color.  Heartfire, Wurm Green & Arcane Blue seemed like good choices.  They seemed really bright so a quick black wash to add some definition to edge and dull them up seem to do the trick.

The pipes, I washed with the glow mix and dry brushed with Brass Balls.  You see a pattern yet?

Last was to put them on the Dragon Forge Bases.

My first Cryx Jacks seem easier than I expected.  It may be a very simple paint job, but damn they look good..

Till next time,

Just do it…

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Basing, Clash of Titans, Cryx, Lost Hemisphere, Magnetizing, Painting, pinning, project, TempleCon, Uncategorized, warmachine. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Project Sisters – Update 1 – What to add

  1. Nice Miniature! Great colors for the weapon and nice with the neodyn Magnets to chance the weapon. I don’t see anything! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s