Another evening with Friends at the Whiz. Painting and joking.
I pulled out the Cyclops Brute banner. Such a little thing, but it sticks up in the air and I figure that some extra TLC will really top off that fig.
First I mixed up some yellow/orange (Or/Yel) on the we pallet. Added a spot of red and black. Got out to small brushes and the brush cleaning bottle. Time to paint a banner.
I went to buy a bottle of decal set stuff and as I walked up Dave was picking up a bottle. He asked what I was looking for and it turned out he was buying the same thing for his Epic stuff. Lucky for me, he let me steal a little. There was only one bottle.
A few minutes for that to dry. Next I added the decal. Always a tricky operation. I don’t do them enough, it is a learning process every time. Once that dried I stared to move the red in so there was just a small yellow area around the symbol. This picture is when I was partially done. I use thin layers of paint to slowly cover. I have a paper towel handy, so I can wipe of any excess paint. It come off the decal easily if you get it before it dries. A dull coat will get rid of the decal shine too…
The procedure in the Skorne book does a good job showing you how to do the other side.
I tend to make a larger stripe, circle or oval and paint over parts to make the writing on that side of the banner…